Thursday 27 March 2014

Hobbit SBG - Galadhrim v Khazad (2)


The Hobbit SBG Logo
“Huh?! I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!"
        Gimli at Helms Deep, The Two Towers, The Lord of the Rings


Round 2: Tom's 350 Galadhrim army, having won it's last battle stayed on and so I took my Khazad army (didn't want to have my Galadhrim mounted take on his Galadhrim foot in an all elf battle, just didn't seem right) - the photo below shows the the start of the battle having rolled for hold ground and deployment:



Gimli deploys at the side of the ruin, the king inside - the objective is right in the centre of the battle field

Khazad deployment

Gimli with his body guard

Winning priority, Gimli leads the advance

And the king follows suit

The Galadhrim advance, half distance - ready to shoot the dwarves,
but they are out of range

Safety in numbers... I huddle my force to keep them together - do not fear the elf bows!

Tom moves forward towards the objective, but at half move again

The dwarves can smell the elves!

BAM! Take that - the Elves 2 Khazad and Ginli uses a fate
Sam: "OOOH, Use your might, heroic move before your wiped out"
- lucky shots me thinks

More shuffling forward, but cover the ground to get the objective, and a few in the ways

The Galadhrim pull back, and fire again... I can see where this is going!

Spotting an elf on his own I move forward full distance to prepare to engage,
but fortunately the elf bows don't cause more kills

"Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!" Gimli calls as my Khazad rush in to the fight
(having killed the single elf on the side)

With lava tot he rear the elf is gonna die!

Tom moves his elven bows to pick off Dwarves at the rear
(typical elves)

Things are not looking good, out numbered and with more elves coming, this could be game over...

WOW! a little bit of might goes a long way,
and with the high fight value of the Dwarf King I suddenly had turned the table,
it could go either way

My way to be precise, another good round saw the Gimli and King combo decimate the Elves and legolas,
as well as ensure that I ended up near the centre

Kill the elves, with another round to complete -
I charged all but three Khazads at the elves

The game ended and the Dwarves won:
Khazad 9 v 1 Galadhrim



We welcome anyone interested in playing The Hobbit SBG, Lotr SBG, WotR or any warhammer/40K battle - why not let us know so that we can arrange some starter battles, like the one above, or if you/your club want to challenge us. We have all the LOTR/Hobbit SBG figures and LOTR scenery from the Mines of Moria to the siege of Helms Deep, snow fields to desert boards ready and waiting.  


Why not join our watch list for updates and look out for Easters weekend battle event... two days of fighting in the ruins of Osgiliath, Helms Deep and Far Harad, you cannot afford to miss it.


Feel free to email us to come along or arrange a game.


East Grinstead War Gaming club

No comments:

Post a Comment